Silver Line Building Products, LLC. is the nation’s leading vinyl window and door manufacturer. With 3,000 employees, and plants located in North Brunswick, NJ, Lithia Springs, GA, Marion, OH and Lansing, IL, we make windows that provide builders, architects, and home owners with energy efficient, low maintenance solutions that add beauty and charm to any home.
This position is located in Lithia Springs, GA
Provide multi-skilled and focused competency maintenance support. Multi-skilled technician satisfied by: State board affiliated trade license (i.e. journeyman/master lic) and mechanically proficient or demonstrated technical expertise in a specific specialized maintenance function. Maintain the responsibilities and performance requirements within both fields of the Maintenance Technician I and II. Mentor and train all technicians. Demonstrate technical engineering expertise/knowledge and utilize effective root cause analysis methods.
- Continuing job-related education is required
- Understand, troubleshoot and problem solve issues of intermediate complexity in advanced electrical/mechanical systems (PLC, Drives, Servo, HMI, CNC, etc.)
- Use the National Electrical Code (NFPA 79) to enforce code that applies to electrical installations
- Diagnose PLC and HMI programs. (Load, modify, create)
- Understand switch functions and trip curves of circuit breakers. Understand the principles of circuit interruption, components of a switchgear assembly, and preventive maintenance requirements.
- Troubleshoot, inspect and clean components in motor controllers
- Proficient at shaft misalignment, conditions affecting alignment, measurements and measuring tools for realignment, and methods used for shaft alignment including reverse dial, laser and rim and face.
- Strong understanding of gaskets and packing, packing glands, and installation of gaskets and packing.
- Strong understanding of types and operation of mechanical seals causes of seal failure and the process of mechanical seal installation.
- .Understand advanced functions of CNC equipment.
- Reengineer equipment for more efficiency.
- Define the sequence of blowers / pumps for material flow.
- Proficient at hydraulic and pneumatic system diagrams and the operation of all components.
- Proficient at hydraulic system diagrams to determine fluid flow through a valve bank system
- Proficient at pneumatic system diagrams to determine fluid flow through a valve bank system
- Understand purpose of symbols used in and information provided in plant systems diagrams including equipment arrangement, piping system, piping and instrumentation and electrical diagrams.
- Proficient at heating / ventilation systems.
- Proficient at maintaining air handling units
- Understanding of fire sprinkler systems and zones.
- Design and Fabricate machine guards per OSHA standards
- Proficient at RCCA (root cause corrective action) activities and tools.
- Follow all requirement of the Tech I, II position
- Journeyman Electrician License or Multi-skilled technician satisfied by demonstrated technical expertise in advanced maintenance functions
- Working towards and obtaining, or currently possessing a 2-year technical degree in the mechanical field or equivalent past work experience.
- Advanced PC skills
- Excellent communication, time management, organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to manage vital maintenance functions to maximize corporate assets
- Excellent troubleshooting, reasoning and analytical problem solving skills
- Directs and provides leadership/mentoring/coaching of other technicians