Value Stream/Production Team Lead
Silver Line Building Products, LLC. , North Brunswick, NJ
Do you have an interest in developing and leading a group of individuals?
This position is a key role that uses problem solving tools and lean principles. With approximately 20 direct reports, the Value Stream Team Lead is responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of production employees ensuring that motivation and performance levels are sustained. This role will act as a strategic business partner with leaders by providing relevant performance feedback to maintain and improve business results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and effectively communicate/participate at daily Tier I/Front Line Management meeting (stand-up).
- Provide feedback, coaching, training, conflict resolution, and conducts audits (standard work, quality, safety, training matrix).
- Establish and manage Safety, Quality Delivery and Cost (SQDC) metrics.
- Follows and enforces all safety procedures according to standards. Is proactive on safety concerns and takes action when appropriate.
- Identifies process constraints and incorporates appropriate decision making and problem solving techniques.
- Maintain Tier I/Front Line Management visual management tools (PVA, run charts, focus boards, and other tools) to drive continuous improvement.
- Lead continuous improvement activities through effective partnership/collaboration with other departments and employees.
- Participate in projects, Kaizens, & other continuous improvement actions.
- Participate in problem solving using AMS tools and methodology (5 Why, PDCA, MCA, CAPA, focus boards).
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree or High school graduates with 3+ years of supervisory/leadership experience is required.
- Strong skills in the areas of communication (written/verbal), time management, and problem solving.
- Ability to learn product, process and equipment.
- Ability to lean, train, coach and motivate production employees.
- Ability to make sound decisions and delegate appropriately.
- Working knowledge of computer systems – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Mechanical skills plus, but not required.
- Bilingual in Spanish, Creole, Hindi or Gujarati is plus, but not required.
- Lean certification or manufacturing experience plus but not required.
- 1st Shift – Monday through Friday 6:30AM – 4:00PM
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts – health care and dependent care
- Short/Long- Term disability
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Training & career progression
Silver Line Building Products LLC is a leading manufacturer of vinyl windows and patio doors in North America. Based in New Jersey, Silver Line has manufacturing facilities throughout North America with over 4,000 employees: North Brunswick NJ, Lithia Springs GA, Marion OH and Lansing IL.
This is an excellent position for individuals who have a strong interest or are open to entering into front line manufacturing leadership. Individuals interested in Lean Manufacturing will be able to develop in our environment of continuous improvement.
Can you picture yourself here?
This position may be the career opportunity for you. Apply today!