The purpose of this position is to support the Value Stream Manager in driving the process of continuous improvement for a small/stable value stream (procurement to delivery). This position takes a lead role in meeting targets for safety, quality, costs, customer service and associate satisfaction/development within the value stream. The Value Stream Supervisor coaches, trains, supports, and develops a team of flexible, multi-skilled associates in accordance with Andersen Corporation’s values, employee covenant, and strategic direction.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Develop a high performance work team with high levels of associate morale, satisfaction, and performance. Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one's own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior. Maintain high level of visibility with associates. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve associates in problem solving.
- Review general status of production schedules to identify and resolve problems. Communicate with and listen to associates on a daily basis regarding work center/team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, etc. Maintain time and production records.
- Support and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices. Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization, (5S), and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as required. Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging associates to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
- Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe associate work habits. Support employees in understanding company policies and practices. Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
- Help associates succeed through performance management. Provide coaching and performance communication to support development. Take note of process related problems and support associates in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of the team.
- Supervises 30 plus Production Associates
Requires 3 – 5 years of experience in a manufacturing operation. Demonstrated ability to acquire and apply manufacturing principles a plus. Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Continuing education in the following areas: Management, Human Resources, Accounting, Manufacturing, Leadership, and Coaching
- Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate people as well as support and communicate difficult decisions.
- Basic business acumen and knowledge required
- Strong communication skills required, including demonstrated listening skills and communicating both one-on-one and in groups.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts.
Luray, VA US