Quality Technician (2nd shift) - (22092)
Daily Production Support
- Communicate, document and train operators on customer requirements.
- Create training material as required to support standard work processes.
- Interpret engineering drawings and control plans and confer with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Perform advanced product testing (flipper, thickness, color, gloss, etc.), as necessary.
- Verify parts meet specification at start-up prior to start of production run.
- Conduct routine auditing/verification of finished goods and/or in-process operator check verification
- Experience with vision-based inspection systems a plus but not required.
- Participate in daily review of Non-Conforming Material (NCM) and responsible for conducting root cause analysis and implement corrective actions.
- Analyze run charts data using SPC methodology.
- Work with leads, supervisors and other quality support members to correct shifts/trends as necessary.
Maintain Quality Management System
- Audits extrusion paper work to ensure all necessary documents are being filled out to ensure material traceability.
- Maintains and updates QMS documents and visual standards as needed.
- Participates in the QMS auditing process and helps develop modifications as necessary.
Support New Profile/Product Introduction
- Coordination of first article sample collection and testing.
- Perform product testing (dimension, material, and appearance) and provide first article data and reports to Quality Engineer in necessary format(s) as assigned.
- Technical certifications; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Evidence of responsibility for verifying product conformance to specifications either in a quality role or production role.
- Experienced in the area of document creation and control in an ISO9001organization a plus but not required..
- Experience in an extrusion, plastics, tooling or fabrication environment - preferred
- Must be able to work with and communicate both verbally and written to all levels of the company.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and present recommendations in a clear, concise, and logical manner.
- Good organization, prioritization and project management skills. Ability to be self-driven.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, and work in a fast pace flexible environment.
- Desire to continue to grow and develop personally
- Knowledge of Lean Tools: 6S, Kaizen, DMAIC, 7 Wastes, Root Cause Analysis
Garland, TX US