Silver Line Building Products LLC is a leading manufacturer of vinyl windows and patio doors in North America. Based in New Jersey, Silver Line has manufacturing facilities throughout North America with over 4,000 employees: North Brunswick NJ, Lithia Springs GA, Marion OH and Lansing IL.
The purpose of this position is to minimize total maintenance costs and production downtime by maximizing maintenance work force efficiency and productivity through detailed planning and scheduling of maintenance work and the effective generation of Preventative Maintenance. Work within the established Planning and Scheduling processes; define work priorities and schedules for assigned areas of responsibility.
· Perform duties as prescribed in the Andersen Asset Management model.
· Responsible for processing all work requests through the EAM system.
· Prepare/review job requirements, labor and material needs, and equipment availability.
· Responsible for planning material and labor for varied tasks, step-by-step sequencing of the work required to complete the necessary job requirements.
· Act as the liaison between maintenance and production and/or other support departments. This position must be able to help production balance their need for daily output with their need of equipment reliability through proactive maintenance.
· Interact as necessary with Suppliers of labor and materials to support activities and initiatives. This may include obtaining quotes or bids and coordinating schedules with internal and external resources.
· Coordinate with Maintenance Parts Specialist on lead times and/or delivery dates.
· Work closely with maintenance supervision to optimize work schedules and labor resources.
· Identify critical preventative maintenance processes and implement within the EAM System. Provide ongoing review and analysis of these PM/CM's for continued improvement and optimization.
· Conduct/lead planning and scheduling meetings to determine work order priorities, communicate work order status and provide work order schedule.
· Work in conjunction with the rest of maintenance planning team.
· Perform other maintenance planning and/or special project tasks as required.
· Technical or Engineering degree and/or 3-5 years of experience in maintenance, engineering or related field preferred.
· 1-3 years’ experience in planning/scheduling in a manufacturing environment or related field.
· Strong organizational skills coupled with the leadership and interpersonal skills to be able to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to prioritize and effectively manage timelines and schedules.
· Mechanical aptitude and ability to read and understand manufacturer’s prints and specifications.
· Positive Communication Skills and ability to work well with all departments and trades.
· Proficient Computer Skills. Advanced Excel and CMMS experience preferred.
•Paid time off (PTO)
•A culture that supports work-life balance
•An environment where collaboration is key
•Volunteer opportunities – on company time
•Training & career progression