Field Service Technician - (22095)
Field Service Technician (Window Service Technician) is responsible for warranty replacements and site visits related to glass replacement, sash and balance replacements, seal failures, operational issues, hardware replacements and drafty windows.
Ideal location is the Orange County or LA Metro area.
- Promotes excellent long-term customer business relations while representing Andersen in a superior professional manner.
- Must maintain a professional image while completing repairs, adjustments and replacements in a timely manner while being respectful of the customer's environment.
- Maintains high standards of dependability excellence, including but not limited to: Satisfactory Attendance Levels and an ‘above average’ safety and performance evaluation records.
- Adheres to all Andersen Window and Door policies and procedures.
- Repairs windows / doors and installs replacement parts and product on the jobsite independently or as part of a team, as necessary.
- Must possess the ability to assess construction issues as they relate to the installation and performance of our window and doors.
- Experience in glazing or fenestration is welcomed.
- Travels to assigned service areas via vehicle and maintains proper vehicle and equipment maintenance.
- Possesses working knowledge of all applicable safety procedures and conscientiously engages safe work practices in all work activities.
- Climbs and performs work activities while suspended from ladders/scaffolding or other lift-devices. Must be able to lift/maneuver materials and products up to 70lbs.
- Carries tools, product and miscellaneous other parts to / from the worksite and during the course of work.
- Completes documentation accurately and promptly (ex, Expense Reports, Job Assessments, Hours, Travel Advance). Must return completed paperwork of assigned tasks in an accurate manner.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum education requirement: High school diploma
3 years experience in window industry or construction field to include lifting heavy loads and working on ladders.
Basic knowledge of construction techniques
Basic math skills
Diagnostic skills: assessment, problem solving and decision making
Ability to work independently and as a team member on multi-technician service runs.
Communication skills: Verbal and written communication with homeowners, job supervisors and co-workers.
Ability to maintain perspective under demanding conditions, handle conflict in tactful manner
Los Angeles, CA US