Operations Supervisor - (21936)
Andersen Corporation is seeking a Operations Supervisor at our Lithia Marion, OH location. This position support the Logistics and/or Operations Manager in driving the process of continuous improvement for the administrative, distribution/warehouse, value added services/shop and/or transportation/delivery function. The Operations Supervisor takes a lead role in meeting targets for productivity, safety, quality, costs, customer service and employee satisfaction/development within the distribution center and with commercial motor vehicle drivers. Coach, train, support, and develop a team of flexible, multi-skilled employees in accordance with Andersen Corporation’s values, employee covenant, and strategic direction.
- Communicate with and listen to employees on a daily basis regarding work center/team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, customer service, and cost/productivity performance.
- Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data. Support and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices. Actively provide change leadership as required.
- Develop a high performance work team with high levels of employee engagement morale, satisfaction, and performance. Provide coaching and performance communication to support development.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe employee work habits.
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging employees to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
- Communicate with your immediate manager, other supervisors, and appropriate personnel regarding facility, equipment, safety, environmental, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
- Support employees in understanding company policies and practices
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one’s own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- Four year degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience and 2-4 years of supervisory or work center lead experience.
- Previous experience in a logistics (distribution & transportation) operation with demonstrated ability to acquire and apply continuous improvement, lean and manufacturing system principles a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate people.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of technical aspects of transportation planning, commercial motor vehicle driver and equipment management.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
Marion, OH US