Full time CDLA truck driver positions!
Starting Rate $24.04/hour
After 12 Months $25.29/hour
About the position:
This current opportunity will be based in Fitchburg, MA. The Driver will be expected to transport and deliver our windows and doors to our dealers, distribution centers and/or construction job sites using a tractor-trailer. This position requires a wide range of skills from practicing safe driving and delivery to top-notch customer service. This is a hands-on delivery driving position.
- Work Schedule – Our drivers generally work Monday – Friday and are home most nights and every weekend.
- Work Hours - Drivers generally will start routes between 3 am – 6 am. A typical day can range from 10 – 14 hours depending on route assigned.
- Compensation – Our drivers are paid hourly and are eligible for overtime!
- Benefits – Our excellent benefits package includes health insurance, 10 paid holidays, profit sharing, 401k, and paid vacation during the first year.
- Training - As a new driver you will be working with an experienced driver learning the routes, customers and the products.
- Safely assist in the loading and unloading of the product to customer’s location and/ or return products. (Driver will be required to handle the windows and doors).
- Perform frequent lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying of windows and doors of varying weights
- Drive truck to destinations in accordance with Federal regulations.
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speed in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather or in tight loading dock areas.
- Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations including driver logs, possible fuel purchases, mileage records, and other records required by law.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all Federal, State, and local regulations for safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Professional representation of the Andersen Corporation.
- Able to answer questions regarding packing lists, invoices, packaging and material content. If unable to answer specific questions, direct customer to appropriate contact at Andersen.