Come build your career with the largest window and door manufacturer in North America. For more than a century, the strength of our employees has defined our position as the leader in product innovation, design, construction, performance and customer satisfaction. Focusing on our employees, remaining committed to product excellence, environmental stewardship and corporate citizenship has helped us grow into a widely admired organization.
As the Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for creating modifications and maintaining electrical standards and specifications. Will also be responsible for controlling Engineering Design Resource Maps, documents processes and capital projects.
· Controls Engineering Design Resource;
· Perform Electrical / Controls / PLC Engineering design work
· Evaluate Controls / Electrical / PLC Engineering solutions to problems
· Write Machinery Control functional specifications
· Documentation of Electrical Design changes
· Capital Equipment / Equipment Project Support;
· Assist in the development and writing of electrical/controls functional specifications
· Communicate Electrical Specs/Standards to prospective suppliers
· Communicate and verify documentation requirements met
· Evaluate technology sufficient to meet specifications
· Complete Electrical Portion of Safety Assessments,
· Create electrical/controls support plans for new equipment
· Create modifications to and maintain electrical standards and specifications (Safety, documentation, wiring practices)
· Ability to Evaluate Controls / PLC Technology for applications within our plant
· Provide and/or coordinate detailed quotes/estimates for Controls / PLC engineering work
· Provide and/or coordinate Budgetary Quotes/Estimates for Electrician work
· Able to Design / Modify / Debug Control PLC Systems that use the plant standard
· Technology/Software PackagesQualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field.
· Minimum of 4-8 years’ experience
· Familiar with NEC, NFPA79, and NFPA70E and other local and national codes that need to be met for electrical equipment.
· Demonstrated experience collecting data, performing statistical analyses, and making sound data-driven decisions.
· Demonstrated experience establishing and implementing performance measures.
· Familiarity with and prior application of formal problem solving techniques, root cause analysis, and the implementation of corrective and preventative measures.
· Solid business acumen, negotiation skills, and a track record of achieving results.
· Embraces and drives change to improve.
· Six Sigma certification preferred but not required.