A market leader in manufacturing wood windows and patio doors, Andersen Corporation is recognized internationally for its innovative products. Founded in 1903, the company is privately owned and has a strong history of commitment to its employees, community and environmental stewardship. Andersen markets products throughout North America and in South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
On the cutting edge both in technology and in people-oriented programs, we experience very low turnover, a great working environment, and an excellent benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Andersen Corporation is seeking a Supply Chain Analyst with tremendous growth opportunity at our Garland, Texas location. In this role, you will be responsible for solving problems within a single value stream, function, or relatively small user base. A minimal portion of this role is transactional, with the majority focus on driving continuous improvement. You will utilize tools such as DMAIC, PDCA, Lean, and Six Sigma methodologies to identify problems and analyze possible solutions to implement and support continuous improvements and business process changes.
- Lead root cause analysis and resolution within supply chain such as delivery issues to the customer, inventory accuracy and inventory management
- Identify, implement and lead business tool and process enhancements (continuous process improvement) by utilizing lean tools such as Kanban, 5Y, Plan-Do-Check-Act, Value Stream Mapping, and A3 thinking.
- Perform supply chain analytics involved in advanced scheduling and material planning including capacity analyses.
- Make recommendations regarding overtime, capacity, and changeovers. Provide data and reporting to support Value Stream/functional initiatives.
- Participate in supply chain projects within the value stream (plan, source, make, deliver); develop and complete project work plans; facilitate the creation and maintaining of value stream/process maps.
- Facilitate cross-functional teams and meetings with having explicit objectives and scope.
- Coordinate information and material flow within the Value Stream including assembly, fabrication, purchased material warehouses, and line side inventories.
- Complete analysis and provide input and recommendations to support the budgeting/goal setting process.
- Coach, guide, and train team members. Able to act as “in-charge” lead for assignments or projects.
- 4 year degree in engineering, business, or technology with 4-5 years’ of supply chain experience
- Working knowledge of relevant supply chain technologies such as ERP, Manufacturing Executions Systems, Warehouse Management systems
- Knowledge and experience with ERP systems, data mining and data reporting
- Proficient in utilizing lean tools and methodology for problem solving and continuous improvement, including Pull, 5Y, PDCA, A3 thinking, waste elimination
- Engages with other in a way that can be developed into an ongoing working relationship.
- Seeks to understand customer needs in detail and how to satisfy them
- Supports organizational change (e.g., asks questions, abandons past ways of doing things, etc.)
- Demonstrates effective presentation skills