Center Manager II - (21919)
This role will lead and direct the Logistics, Warehouse, Safety and Continuous Improvement/Lean activities within the plant in support of our business strategies, including 1) Delight the Customer at Every Touch point 2) Focus on Safety – Pause, Think, Act 3) Foster a Culture of Problem Solving and Improvement and 4) “One Company” competitive advantage.
- Responsible for planning and execution of all logistics activities, including Shipping, Warehousing, Quality, Maintenance, Inventory Management, Safety and Human Resources.
- Transform how we lead our plants and deploy our assets (people and physical assets). Drive change in the capabilities of our management and supervision through organizational planning and development. Lead change of culture to one of supervisor accountability and employee engagement using Lean techniques, such as Continuous Improvement, Value Stream management and AMS.
- Lead change to create an environment of Lean and Continuous Improvement.
- Work with Corporate team to ensure plant function is aligned with overall business objectives and the company has the capabilities to deliver results. Develop and implement plans to provide process improvement in key areas.
- Drive step function improvements in productivity, cost reduction, plant output/capacity and waste reduction. Achieve established productivity goals in minutes per window and deliver budgeted cost commitments.
- Lead the charge for the “perfect order” by focusing the logistics leadership team on improvements in quality and reliability. Ensure quality practices and procedures are in place and sustained, and that quality defects are identified with root cause and corrective actions implemented.
- Create a safe work environment where employees take responsibility for each other’s safety. Provide a clean environment with supervisor accountability for safety awareness.
- Develop plans to improve capacity in plants by running facility 24/7 when needed, and utilizing temp and part-time (flexible labor) to enable short lead times when demand varies. Add ability to flex capacity to support demand while leveraging our fixed cost structure
- Fully deploy/implement 1 week lead time program. Ensure that it’s sustainable as demand increases.
- Deliver shipping goals for loading and delivery functions. Support enterprise supply chain integration plan.
- Create an environment of customer focus. Work with Sales team to support business development and deliver on customer commitments.Develop relationships with “top 10” dealers in the region, which should include monthly communications and quarterly visits.
- Develop direct reports to support leadership capability, succession planning and individual development needs. Evaluate talent of associates and drive actions to increase capabilities and address performance issues. Establish an environment of employee satisfaction and high morale.
- Develop and maintain area budgets
- BA or BS in business or equivalent.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience providing broad knowledge as applied to operational execution. Solid understanding of administrative functions including finance and human resources.
- Leadership experience in Manufacturing, Shipping and Human Resources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven leadership capability in developing managers and leaders within plant organization.
- Proven track record of delivering results
- Strategic leadership regarding Production Planning, Capacity, Talent Development, Delivery Needs and Commitment alignment
Marion, OH US