Quality Engineering Lead/Supervisor - (21854)
Responsible for managing the Quality Assurance department activities and QC policy adherence for North Branch Extrusion. Supervising and coaching Quality Assurance team members with the responsibility of auditing, measuring and monitoring our production processes to ensure compliance to quality standards and specifications. This role has direct, hands-on responsibility for all quality related activities within North Branch Extrusion.
Responsible to lead, plan, and coordinate work teams in an efficient manner to effectively perform functions and activities; utilizes metrics to track performance and manage workload. Ensures operational processes and procedures are compliant and consist with established quality practices.
- Responsible for the preparation and execution of quality control plans, including the review of specifications, tolerances, capabilities and preparation of necessary supporting documentation and justification
- Integrate customer requirements into the business unit and assign strategies to the QA team.
- Develops and is responsible for implementing the key quality strategies of the business unit.
- Drives continuous improvement, improved customer satisfaction, reduced waste, increased efficiency and elimination of variation in processes.
- Strong understanding of DMAIC tools; when to apply them, interpretation of results and application for effective solutions (process map, process capability, C&E matrix, fishbone diagram, FMEA, MSA, DOE, control plan) drive improvement activity
- Responsible to assist in containment activities when reactive issues arise and ensure all customer issues (CAPA’s, SCARS, etc.) are addressed, filed and documented in a timely manner.
- Schedule regular audits of associate training, quality procedures and work instructions, and calibration records to ensure business unit quality program is not only maintained but also continuously improved.
- Facilitation of the preparation of short and long term planning activities, engaging business partners in developing quality plans and maintaining established control plans.
- Project Management- Develops and supports a strategic alliance with business partners. Participates in cross-functional activities focused on solving quality and production issues and enhancing our competitive advantage.
- Responsible for ensuring timely delivery to customers, monitoring inventory levels, the planning of monthly cycle counting activities.
- Formulate goals and strategies for the continued improvement of efficient management of production jobs as well as inventory control.
- Organize, document and continuously improve scheduling and inventory practices
- Work with customer service, supply chain coordinator, engineering and production to ensure jobs are set up and ran to the satisfaction of the customer and the business unit
- 5-7 of years of quality and production experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience in quality methodology and practices
- Good knowledge of production scheduling techniques and machine utilization.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Ability to present and articulate quality programs, continuous improvement methodologies and problem solving techniques
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines under pressure and deliver ‘right first time’ quality information
- Highly flexible, comfortable with large amounts of information, adept at managing expectations, and able to set and adjust priorities as needed
- Ability to lead and work effectively in teams and with all levels both in and outside of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to liaison at senior leadership level both internally and externally
North Branch, MN US