A market leader in manufacturing wood windows and patio doors, Andersen Corporation is recognized internationally for its innovative products. Founded in 1903, the company is privately owned and has a strong history of commitment to its employees, community and environmental stewardship. Andersen markets products throughout North America and in South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
On the cutting edge both in technology and in people-oriented programs, we experience very low turnover, a great working environment, and an excellent benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Andersen Corporation has an opening for an Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Project Leader at our Bayport, MN location. This position is responsible to effectively contribute to our Commercialization Engineering Efforts through leading large-scale projects/assignments.
ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
- Facilitate project planning and management processes, including task identification and sequencing of project schedules.
- Demonstrated use of capital project management skills to deliver safe, effective, and reliable capital solutions (project planning, approval process, equipment specification, budget, preventative maintenance, acceptance plans, design review, safety assessments and capital request).
- Assess current vs. future capacity requirements and lead the implementation of capacity improvements.
- Develop and implement new and existing manufacturing equipment/systems acceptance plans.
- Solid understanding of DMAIC tools; when to apply them, interpretation of results and application for effective solutions.
- Interface with Advanced Design, Product Engineering, and other business partners on the design for manufacturability, process capability, and production builds of new product or product revisions.
- Travel related to projects may be required up to 25%.
- 4-year degree in Engineering or Technology
- 5-7 years’ project management experience demonstrating ability to manage complex projects
- PMBOK experience
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead cross functional project teams
- Demonstrated ability to implement lean manufacturing principles
- Authorized to work in the US