Industrial Engineer - Advanced Manufacturing Systems and Processes - (21554)
PURPOSE: Provide Industrial Engineering support to Commercialization teams and to the Andersen Enterprise by driving the process of continuous improvement and the design of integrated systems of people, equipment, & materials.
- Utilize effective lean manufacturing process design techniques to optimize overall manufacturing system performance by providing innovative, low cost solutions.
- Assess current & future capacity requirements by utilizing marketing forecasts, value stream mapping, and capacity planning methodologies.
- Identify causes of process variation utilizing the scientific method and recommend corrective action.
- Implement effective material flow concepts and pull systems with special attention to parts presentation in order to improve manufacturing productivity.
- Exhibits and teaches problem solving methodologies that drive to identifying root cause.
- Accurately assess ergonomic conditions within the manufacturing environment and provide practical solutions to eliminate ergonomic risk.
- Exhibit persuasiveness to sell continuous improvement ideas to value stream management and delivery partners. Communicate technical information in a confident & respectful manner in order to maintain credibility.
- Act as facilitator to direct work teams in the design of lean processes.
- Mentor developing engineers, interns, & co-op students.
- 4-year degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Industrial Engineering Technology.
- 3-10 years of Industrial Engineering experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of lean manufacturing principals.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Ability to travel related to projects may be required up to (25% - 50%).
Research and Development
Bayport, MN US