Return To Work Specialist - (21835)
PURPOSE: Facilitates return to work services for employees with industrial or personal related injuries and illness. Coordinates re-evaluation efforts to restore working capacity and facilitate timely and appropriate return to work. Consultant and expert for the plants, Human Resources, Safety, Risk Management and associates regarding reasonable accommodations decision making and other areas relating to managing employees with medical conditions. Liaison between internal and external vendors to facilitate appropriate job placements.
- Effectively manage the worker’s compensation/disability programs for designated off-site locations.
- Maintains constant communication with employees ,their attending physicians and third party administrator to achieve optimal outcome and return employees to work.
- Identifies associates’ goals, objectives and actions in a comprehensive case management plan to achieve optimal outcome within designated time frames
- Collaborates with internal and external vendors to identify and monitor restrictions, make improvements to work processes or assess alternative duties to return employees to work safely and promptly.
- Educates employees and internal parties’ of benefits, programs and provides medical and vocational resources to ensure a successful recovery.
- Through administrative staff and outside vendor, ensures required forms/documentation are complete, accurate and recorded appropriately
- Collaborates with corporate attorney and outside counsel on managing litigated cases for employees with industrial and personal injuries.
- Review first report of injury claims for determination of whether claim exposes or is likely to expose the company.
- Propose options to manage claims that include identifying, evaluating, negotiating and finding resolution of high value worker’s compensation claims.
- Coordinate and lead training sessions for staff on updated health/worker’s comp laws, policies and practices.
- Maintains reports for tracking return to work activities and outcome of claims.
- Work with the Workers Compensation Program Manager on claims issues such as initial and periodic reviews, delays, denials, etc
- Create, run and monitor monthly usage reports/metrics.
- Partner with Bayport manufacturing leadership team and HR managers to create and maintain occupational health guidelines to comply with state and federal laws.
- Provide consultation and coaching to operation managers and supervisors on worker’s compensation claims.
- Prepare timely and accurate large-loss reports to management on claims that will expose the company financially.
- Provide recommendations to management on implementation of practices that help reduce worker’s compensation claims.
- Travel 25% - travel with over-night stays to off-site locations required
- BA or BS in Vocational Rehabilitation or Occupational Therapy
- 8-10 year’s of case management, return to work or QRC experience
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at any level of organization.
- Knowledgeable in medical diagnostic procedures, treatment parameters and rehabilitation programs. Ability to translate physical abilities as they relate to appropriate job placements.
- Certification as a CRC, CDMS or related credential preferred.
Bayport, MN US