Supply Chain Supervisor - (21905)
Silver Line by Andersen, the nation’s leading vinyl window and door manufacturer, has an opening for a Supply Chain Supervisor at our Lithia Springs, GA location. This position is responsible for inventory management, procurement and planning, as well as directing daily responsibilities within the supply chain team.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (Include but are not limited to):
This position is responsible for leading the plant procurement and materials team. The plant supply chain team is responsible for:
- Establishing optimal inventory levels of raw material and work-in-process inventory using lean inventory management tools
- Development of process that supply material to the MFG line to improve efficiency
- Development of supermarkets and lineside delivery replenishment models
- Managing inventory to minimize stock-outs to operations
- Releasing purchase orders to suppliers for direct and indirect materials
- Inbound material handling and receiving transactions
- Inventory accuracy
- Manage small fabrication work cells
- Supervise and coordinate the development and communication of materials flow, information flow and inventory management for the plant
- Lead, direct, and participate in continuous improvement activities to accomplish plant business goals and objectives in terms of safety, quality, customer service, cost and staff development.
- Provide linkage to support resources such as Materials Management, Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering and Configuration Services, IT, Distribution, Transportation, and Consolidation Centers.
- Ensures coordination and integration of manufacturing and planning policies, processes and programs, including customer service and operational efficiencies, which support the Plant and Supply Chain Metrics
- Coach, train, support, and develop a team of flexible, multi-skilled staff in accordance with Andersen Corporation’s Lean principles, values, employee covenant, and strategic direction.
- Design and implement cost improvement business models across the supply chain that achieves strategic process improvements.
- May define and lead medium to large projects
- Prepare forecast/budget production levels.
- Requires ability to define problems, collect data, analyze data, offer solutions, and implement to achieve the desired results.
- Develop and implement effective processes for new product offerings/enhancements and ramp-up/ramp-down plans for material changes.
- Align project or process improvement goals with functional business objectives.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe employee work habits.
- Maintain high level of visibility with staff. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve staff/ associates in problem solving.
- Develop a high performance work team by providing appropriate training, tools, guidance, coaching and feedback. Support and involve employees in identifying and permanently removing obstacles to performance excellence; provide & support developmental opportunities for staff.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one’s own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- Optimize around plan/source /delivery capabilities of our ERP tool.
- Responsible for performance to Cost Center budgets
- Create future-state vision of operations and enable staff to execute the vision
- 4 year degree in supply chain, business, engineering or related degree and 8+ years’ experience including 2 years of supervisory experience in supply chain
- Solid understanding of information systems that support supply chain and manufacturing operations.
- Must have demonstrated skills in written and verbal communication, facilitation and giving presentations
- Experience in creating high performance teams through understanding employee capabilities and providing performance feedback.
- Knowledge and skills in problem solving, analysis, communication, and opportunity identification.
- Proficient in lean manufacturing methodologies and how to apply through Andersen Manufacturing System (AMS)
- Demonstrated ability in coaching and training others.
- Enthusiastic, positive outlook.
- Project Management experience.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Access preferred.
- Problem Solving & Opportunity Identification skills.
Lithia Springs, GA US