A market leader in manufacturing wood windows and patio doors, Andersen Corporation is recognized internationally for its innovative products. Founded in 1903, the company is privately owned and has a strong history of commitment to its employees, community and environmental stewardship. Andersen markets products throughout North America and in South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
On the cutting edge both in technology and in people-oriented programs, we experience very low turnover, a great working environment, and an excellent benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Andersen Corporation has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer at our Luray, Virginia location. This position is responsible for coordinating and leading all or most activities on comprehensive and technically challenging projects/assignments while demonstrating originality in technical work.
ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
- Plan, direct, and manage large-scale projects requiring capital investments
- Develop implementation timeline and provide updates to management team
- Develop equipment specifications, and work with external vendors to modify and build equipment to specs.
- Extend purchase orders and manage capital equipment procurement process
- Develop business case ROI’s (return on investment) for process improvements
- Interfaces with advanced design, product engineering, quality, and other business partners on the design for manufacturability, process capability, and production builds of new product or product revisions
- Process mapping, process capability, C&E Matrix, fishbone diagram, FMEA, MSA, DOE, Control Plans
- Perform dimensional and engineering analysis of loads, fit and tolerances of packaging to validate designs
- Identify and design enhancements to existing fabrication and assembly processes to improve first time through repeatability
- Develop concepts for cost reduction opportunities, manufacturing flexibility, and SKU reduction
- Lead continuous improvement projects aligned to lean manufacturing principles
- Lead cost reduction and yield improvement projects with delivery partners
- Demonstrates continued personal growth and development.
- Builds cooperative relationships across the organization. Interfaces with Business Partner groups responsible for our processes and or methodologies, i.e. AMS, new product development or continuous product and process improvement.
- BS in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical or Manufacturing Preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Has considerable versatility in applying specialized technical knowledge in a wide variety of situations
- Possesses knowledge across a wide variety of technologies
- Effective communications with all levels of internal and external customers and staff.
- Knowledge demonstrates mastery in several technical areas of expertise
- Possesses unique or specific knowledge that is frequently sought out by others
- Strong understanding of the interrelationship that needs to exist between functional areas the business
- Well-developed project management skills.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Training & career progression