A market leader in manufacturing wood windows and patio doors, Andersen Corporation is recognized internationally for its innovative products. Founded in 1903, the company is privately owned and has a strong history of commitment to its employees, community and environmental stewardship. Andersen markets products throughout North America and in South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
On the cutting edge both in technology and in people-oriented programs, we experience very low turnover, a great working environment, and an excellent benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Andersen Corporation has an opening for a Advanced Manufacturing Engineer at our Bayport, MN location. This position is responsible to effectively contribute to our Commercialization Engineering Efforts through leading large-scale projects/assignments and/or playing the key technical role in projects/assignments.
ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
- Assess current vs. future capacity requirements and implement capacity improvements.
- Develop and implement new production equipment /systems.
- Develop work methods and layouts.
- Demonstrated use of capital project management skills to deliver safe, effective, and reliable capital solutions.
- Solid understanding of DMAIC tools; when to apply them, interpretation of results and application for effective solutions.
- Interface with Advanced Design, Product Engineering, and other business partners on the design for manufacturability, process capability, and production builds of new product or product revisions.
- Utilize Value Stream Mapping tool to develop current state VSM’s, interpret maps to identify improvement opportunities and create future state VSM’s.
- Travel related to projects may be required up to 25%.
- 4 year degree in Engineering or Technology
- 3-5 years' of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to implement lean manufacturing principles
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Authorized to work in the US