IT Business Intelligence Decision Support Developer - (21792)
The Decision Support Developer provides technical expertise and direction in the development and support of Decision Support Systems. The incumbent in this position works closely with end users and business analysts to ensure a tight fit between the Business Intelligence (BI) environment and business requirements which may include recommending additions to the enterprise BI solutions portfolio. The Decision Support Developer configures BI tools, develops the semantic layer or tabular model, and supporting metadata. The Decision Support Developer also creates and delivers end-user training and documentation, provides second-line support to power users who develop reports on behalf of their departmental colleagues and further provides Tier II support of BI solutions.
- Develops multidimensional semantic layer / tabular model and BI query objects for end users, focusing on enterprise-class objects.
- Configures and tunes Bi tools.
- Assists with application administration responsibilities and troubleshooting BI tool problems and tuning BI environment for performance.
- Helps business users select appropriate BI solution, within enterprise BI solution portfolio.
- Develops and manages BI training, documentation and help desk capabilities.
- Create, test, validate and support enterprise universes and tabular models.
- Create / identify test plans for analysts
- Perform validation of universes / reports with power users
- Provide day-to-day Tier II support of Universes, PBI models and Reports
- Standardizes use of BI tools and semantic layers throughout the organization
- Provides repository of best practices on how to use BI tools for more productivity.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline, with an IT focus.
- 2-4 years of experience in information systems with emphasis on decision support system development, design, and user interface
- Ability to translate business questions and requirements into universes, BI query objects, views, reports.
- Strong understanding of BI tool architectures, functions and features.
- Ability to articulate these capabilities into terms understandable by business partners.
- Understanding of SQL and relational / multidimensional designs
- Strong problem-solving and metadata skills
- Able to configure BI tools to meet user needs
Oak Park Heights, MN US