IT Business Analyst (Baan) - (21842)
The IT Business Analyst is responsible for participating in the planning, development, maintenance, and enhancement of the related functional areas of the Shop Floor. These individuals collaborate with company customers, staff, IT and other stakeholders to identify user requirements, assess available technologies, and recommend solution options. They must be able to assess business objectives and design business processes in such a way that they may be effectively modeled, configured and measured within the package application environment. Individuals must be able to communicate the application package capabilities and possibilities to designated functional areas, while seeking ways to collaborate with IT members to facilitate transition to and support of the application package.
The scope of the applications and solutions will vary in size and complexity from department level to enterprise wide, and may be internally focused within Andersen Corporation or externally focused to support a variety of customer channels.
- Provide business analysis and process design expertise in one functional areas (finance, accounting, sales, engineering, manufacturing, etc.) within the enterprise in the analysis, and redesign of application package functions and processes
- Experience in manufacturing execution system (MES) / Shop Floor technologies in a manufacturing/supply chain capacity.
- Assist in the formulation of and definition of application scope and objectives and devise/modify procedures to solve business problems.
- Communicate application package capabilities/possibilities within one functional area.
- Specify and validate reporting universes.
- Specify, develop, and validate business reports.
- Develop business relationships with other departments to ensure successful implementation and support efforts.
- Monitor and report on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
- Prepare, coordinate, and execute appropriate unit (functional), integration and volume tests to ensure successful implementation and support efforts.
- Facilitate user testing with business partners to validate scope and functionality.
- Support and leverage Andersen Management systems for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems or Business Administration with an emphasis in a specific functional area or equivalent work experience and technical training.
- At least two years of experience in relevant functional area, limited experience with application package modules, and one package implementation.
- Minimal knowledge of project management techniques and cross-functional experience.
- Experience with structured design, development, and implementation of new
- computing architectures.
- Experience with software system and integration testing.
- Experience or ability to develop business understanding in one functional area, as well as an understanding of the organization’s industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express technical concepts in business terms.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Minimal project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well on cross-functional project teams and foster team commitment to tasks; ability to work independently as well.
- Ability to deliver high quality solutions & results-oriented.
Cottage Grove, MN US
Renewal by Andersen Corp.