Extrusion Development Engineering Manager II - (21789)
- Creates and maintains a safe work environment.
- Provides leadership to the centralized enterprise extrusion project resources that focus on ensuring consistent processes and methods in extrusion and drive critical value adding projects for the enterprise.
- Drive increased collaboration and best practice sharing across the RD&I/Commercialization/ Development teams through on-site go-see events, project alignment, and increased communication.
- Engage pro-actively in strategic discussions with Sourcing/Marketing/Design/Materials to identify current gaps and associated plans to address these gaps in our process competency areas.
- Establishes vision and manages strategic priorities to assure timely and efficient completion of team projects/tasks.
- Facilitate optimization of the extrusion lineal commercialization process in coordination with strategic supply agreements; with an emphasis on lead time and process development to support and influence time to market with design.
- Lead the development and ongoing relationship with enterprise tooling partners and overall tooling strategy in alignment with the Lineal Management leadership team.
- Provides innovative information, direction, and training, coaching, & consulting in the areas of process engineering, process innovation, and commercialization to identify solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of Lineal Management.
- Aligns and organizes the work of individuals and teams; identifies priorities in alignment with enterprise strategic initiatives.
- Investigate innovative materials, processes, and technology evolution in alignment with long range strategic plans in RD&I and Lineal Management.
- Promote collaboration and facilitate problem solving using data driven decision making and fosters hands-on participation of the entire team.
- Communicates performance standards and expectations to the team - recognizing and rewarding individual and team accomplishments and counseling performance problems.
- Prepare and manage department budget; acquire and manage resources appropriately to achieve desired business results.
DIRECTION OF OTHERS:
- Leads/manages leadership and technical resources across the Lineal Management Centralized Services Team through Engineering and Technician resources.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- 4-year degree in Engineering
- 10+ years of job-related training and experience.
- Strong problem-solving, opportunity identification, decision making, and human relation skills.
- Highly motivated and able to collaborate and lead in a team environment.
- Strong relationship building with internal and external strategic partnerships
- Management of multiple teams across multiple locations and drive performance results
- Ability to form, present and articulate team strategies in a clear, concise, and logical manner.
Bayport, MN US