Silver Line Building Products, LLC. is the nation’s leading vinyl window and door manufacturer. With 4,000 employees, and plants located in North Brunswick, NJ, Lithia Springs, GA, Marion, OH and Lansing, IL, we make windows that provide builders, architects, and home owners with energy efficient, low maintenance solutions that add beauty and charm to any home. This position is based in North Brunswick, NJ.
- Provide multi-skilled maintenance support focused on customer service, quality, cost and productivity in a TPM environment. Has ability to show technical proficiency in one or both of the following specialized fields Mechanical and or Electrical.
- Maintain the responsibilities and performance requirements within both fields of the Maintenance Technician Apprentice and Technician levels I & II.
- Set up, adjust and maintain assigned equipment with a responsibility for production and quality on equipment.
- Ability to trouble shoot the machine issues
- Know and practice respectful workplace.
- Electrical Skills
- Use volt-ohm-meter (VOM), to measure AC/DC current, AC/DC voltage, and resistance for trouble shooting.
- Understand functions of components and operating features of relays, circuit breakers Programmable Logic Controllers, motor encoders, motors and sensors.
- Ability to work at 480 volts ac/dc and troubleshoot.
- Carrying out preventative maintenance programs for electrical.
- Understand of Lock Out Tag Out and Arc Flash
- Desired but not necessary; understanding electronic components and trouble shooting.
- Understand basic components, operation, inspection and maintenance of various types of valves including safety valves and air valves.
- Disassemble, inspect, reassemble and valves and air cylinders.
- Disassemble, inspect, repair, and reassemble Gearbox.
- Observe and understand equipment sequence of operation and configuration to isolate failure and perform root cause analysis
- Organizing and carrying out preventative maintenance programs.
- Understand characteristics and operation of foreign industrial equipment, systems and their components, and the safety hazards associated with them.
- Troubleshoot problems with pneumatic systems
- Observe and understand pneumatic sequence of operation and configuration to isolate failure and perform root cause analysis
- Essential Functions
- Reviews production schedule and when equipment is not scheduled for manufacturing, performs scheduled maintenance.
- Analyzes mechanical, electrical and operational problems on assigned equipment.
- Tests equipment to check operation clears jams and sets aside product ensuring equipment is ready to run.
- Makes preventive maintenance check and inspection of assigned equipment, reports findings to supervisor and takes appropriate action.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Some heavy lifting required to replace motors, pumps, extruder screws, etc., at low frequency. Equipment is provided to move / manipulate heavy components.
- Occasionally – lift /carry objects 55 lbs overhead
- Occasionally – Squat, crawl, reach above shoulders, kneel and balance.
- Job requires repetitive action such as simple staring, grasping, firm grasping, and fine manipulating. (This includes right and left hands)
- Outside work required.
- Working with various chemicals.
- High work from scaffolding, ladders and platforms.
- Working in confined space conditions.
- Wearing the proper PPE.
- Handling hazardous waste wearing the appropriate PPE.
- Working near energized electric circuits.
- Working near hot equipment and or materials.
Education and Certifications and Job Qualifications
- PC skills.
- Minimum of a Class A Journeyman License required, or working towards and obtaining, or currently possessing an Electrical qualifications and or Mechanical field qualifications.
- Time served experience in the maintenance field.
- Must own basic hand tools.
- Must be available to work on call as needed.
- Willingness to work as part of a team or independently as the situation requires.
3rd shift operates Sunday night to Friday morning from 11:00 PM to 7:30 AM