The purpose of this position is to support the Value Stream Manager in driving the process of continuous improvement for a small/stable value stream (procurement to delivery). This position takes a lead role in meeting targets for safety, quality, costs, customer service and associate satisfaction/development within the value stream.
The Value Stream Supervisor coaches, trains, supports, and develops a team of flexible, multi-skilled associates in accordance with Andersen Corporation’s values, employee covenant, and strategic direction.
Entry-level or developmental position.
· Maintain high level of visibility with associates. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve associates in problem solving.
· Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe associate work habits.
· Develop a high performance work team with high levels of associate morale, satisfaction, and performance.
· Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one’s own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
· Help associates succeed through performance management. Provide coaching and performance communication to support development.
· Review general status of production schedules to identify and resolve problems.
· Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data.
· Support and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices. Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S), and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as required.
· Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging associates to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
· Support associates in understanding company policies and practices.
· Maintain time and production records.
· Take notice of process related problems and support associates in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of the team.
· Communicate with and listen to associates on a daily basis regarding work center/team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, etc.
· Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
· Additional Responsibilities include: Card Program, Safety Audits, Crew additions, and Budget inputQualifications
· 3 – 5 years of experience in a manufacturing operation
· Previous experience as a work center lead preferred
· Previous experience in a manufacturing operation with demonstrated ability to acquire and apply manufacturing principles a plus
· Continuing education in the following areas: Management, Human Resources, Accounting, Manufacturing, Leadership, and Coaching
· Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate people