Our windows are all unique…so is our production staff
We want you, yes YOU specifically, to come work at Renewal by Andersen
Manufacturing is the heartbeat of the American economy—and hiring good people is crucial to making a great product.
For some companies, individual customer service is limited to the sales folks. In other words, that one-on-one relationship with the customer ends the minute the order is placed. The family buying the goods becomes another point in the supply chain.
And I bet you’ve heard folks working in manufacturing and production who say the same thing about their job: “I feel like a random point in the supply chain.”
Not here—our customers are never just a number…and neither are our employees. Renewal by Andersen is the start-to-finish custom replacement window division of Andersen Corporation—our products are unique, and we believe our job opportunities should be as well.
At Renewal, every unit that we make has an order and a name attached to it. When you’re a member of our production team, you’re not making an anonymous “casement window, sandtone” that’s going to be shipped out somewhere. You’re making a kitchen window for the Jones family in Cleveland or a picture window for Ms. Talbot in Schenectady. We’re a nation-wide company that maintains a small-town feel and sense of pride in our work.
Why We’re Different
“I wanted to work with a company that had a reputation for quality and trust. The culture, the people-first mentality, giving back opportunities, and work-life balance…[we get] big-company support with a family-run-business feel.”
Renewal’s culture is vastly different from other companies. We promote our employee’s happiness in all areas of their lives. We know that happiness and positivity drive business results and we are dedicated to making sure your wellness comes first.
- Have a strong sense of accountability—and an equally strong sense of teamwork
- Be able to work in a safe manner and follow safe work practices and policies.Help ensure co-workers are working safely and following safety requirements.
- Follow all applicable procedures, Standardized Work, Control Plans, and Product Specifications.
- Support and participate in Employee Engagement activities.
- Follow defined clean-up times.
- Engage in cross-training to maintain flexibility and adaptability to support resource planning.
- Work to an established rate as defined by customer demand and Standardized Work.
- Operate Power Industrial Trucks (PIT) and other material handling equipment as required.
- Operate manufacturing equipment and use hand tools as required.
- Participate in defining and improving standard work
- Identify problems; communicate issues to Work Center Leads and Supervisors.
- Support a respectful workplace.
- Perform other duties across the plant as needed as directed by supervision or management.
What We Offer:
- Openings in all three shifts
- Competitive base pay: starting wage is $15.00 per hour. Shift differentials are $0.60 for second shift and $0.90 for the third shift.
- Generous benefits, profit sharing, and retirement plan.
- Fit for Work Program
- A chance to help people transform their homes and their lives
Our Values Define Us
They speak to our past and guide our future. They are the foundation of what makes us Andersen.
- Excellence: We will build customer trust and loyalty by understanding and caring about exceeding customer expectations for enduring quality and responsiveness.
- Integrity: We take pride in our commitment to do the right thing by demonstrating fairness, integrity and high ethical standards in all of our actions.
- Innovation: We will uphold our legacy of innovations and embrace change in all areas of our business as a means of attaining and sustaining leadership.
- Partnership: We will cultivate successfully relationships with everyone in our business circle and strengthen them through shared values, common goals and active participation.
- Corporate Citizenship: We will continue our long-standing commitment to leadership in environmental stewardship and to make a positive impact in the communities in which we live and work.
Please note this is a temporary to full-time hire opportunity. Candidates are hired as Andersen temporary/seasonal employees, and have the opportunity to be converted to full-time Andersen employees based upon business needs and employee performance.
- High school diploma, GED or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and stand for long periods.
- Ability to read and understand reports and a willingness to cross train on several operations.
- Dependability and punctuality.