Manage process changes required to meet customer requirements using demonstrated problem solving techniques, basic data analysis and tooling modification when required. Lead the development of back-up tooling and coordinate technical work required for projects. Conduct training for extrusion line operators on proper operation of equipment and maintenance of tooling.
• Interacting and working closely with operations, technical support and management to identify issues, make recommendations and implement sustainable improvements – grow and advance yourself by helping others.
• Coordinate work on back-up extrusion tooling projects with quality, engineering and operations. Take action on new or modified tooling that deviate from customer requirements. Correct issues and minimize downtime and scrap by ensuring proper resources are directed at the issue until it is resolved.
• Participate in engineering and operations projects as needed to ensure all design and scope criteria are met. Actively participate in projects involving development activities.
• Use root cause analysis and other appropriate techniques to analyze and recommend improvements that increase reliability, efficiency and performance. Evaluate impact of proposed changes on tooling and extrusion processes. Proactively identify potential downtime, scrap or reliability issues and recommend corrective actions.
• Continuously drive standardization of processes and methods. Understand documentation requirements and its impact on the process. Ensure documentation is properly completed, reviewed and approved. Effective communications with engineering, quality and operations.
• Utilize experience in machining and welding methods to develop and maintain extrusion tooling. Mentor other technicians in proper methods for making tooling modifications along with impact on process.
• High School diploma or GED required
• Machining, welding, tool & die training
• Manufacturing or manufacturing support experience (profile extrusion or other thermoplastic processes helpful)
• Effective use of AutoCAD and MS Office software
• Dedicated, self-motivated with positive attitude and very good communication / teamwork skills
• Willingness to learn, flexible to new ideas and strong analytical / problem solving skills