Corporate Accounting Manager - (21571)
This leadership position is responsible for coordinating the enterprise-wide General Accounting and Benefit Plan Accounting functions to ensure integration of activities and the long-term effectiveness of the functions. As a key leader in the Enterprise Finance team this individual will collaborate with various leaders including Corporate Reporting, Treasury, FP&A, Tax, Internal Audit, Shared Services and HR Total Rewards. This individual will align the team structure to meet the requirements of the existing departments more effectively and efficiently. This role requires the ability to provide strategic leadership in all aspects of these functions and provide consultative advice and recommendations in benefit plan financial matters.
- Oversight of the Enterprise Benefit Plan Accounting and Reporting functions and activities. Direct and encourage independent decision making in the preparation and analysis of accurate and timely financial information for corporate benefit plans in accordance with GAAP. Provide strategic leadership and recommendations for benefit plan design and assumption changes. Communicate and educate benefits partners and the executive leadership team regarding complex concepts and financial implications.
- Responsible for the oversight of enterprise accounting activities, ensuring the accurate, timely and proper recording of enterprise financial information in accordance with GAAP. Instill a process oriented culture that ensures compliance with internal controls.
- Provide leadership and development for corporate accounting by driving organizational efficiency through the development and design of process improvements while managing, motivating and developing a team of eleven (four direct reports). Encourage independent decision making for moderately complex accounting issues.
- Focus on providing solutions for existing financial accounting activities and ensuring all are in compliance with accepted standards and practices while maintaining the integrity of financial data and internal controls.
- Manage the functions' support of strategic and annual planning efforts. Provide recommendations to minimize expense and cash flow impacts. Areas of support include ESOT, Pension and OPEB, Medical, Incurred but not reported claims, Dental, Paid Time Off, 401K, Deferred Compensation Plans, etc.
- Act as liaison to other corporate groups including Internal Audit, Tax, Treasury, Corporate Reporting, Shared Services and HR Total Rewards.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting required; MBA a plus. CPA preferred.
- 10-12 years accounting experience
- Viewed as a valued strategic financial colleague among proven financial professionals
- Proven ability to provide expert and comprehensive guidance to finance and other business partners
- Proficient assessment skills relative to the enrichment of “talent” in the organization Effective communicator with both financial and non-financial managers with ability to engage and energize
- Excellent collaboration skills with an inclusive, consultative and solutions driven approach
- Results orientation with ability to influence and build relationships
Finance and Accounting
Oak Park Heights, MN US