Administers, organizes, and conducts cross-training for skill-based-pay program of the production associates. Exhibits a moderate level of expertise in the general functionality of the equipment and processes as it relates to standard work, transferring this knowledge as part of cross-training. Provides feedback & coaching around quality issues relating to first time through, while providing continuous training related to operator errors. Provides leadership styles that would include, coaching, conflict resolution and working on the line as the need arises. Identifies process constraints and incorporates appropriate problem solving techniques. This position has limited decision-making since problems can generally be evaluated in terms of defined procedures or precedents. Responsibilities also include the training of new and temporary associates, while providing the shift supervisor with relevant performance feedback.
· Administers skill-based-pay program certification process.
· Trains and provides feedback to associates on quality related issues.
· Assists in line set up under direction from shift supervisor, including identification of associates training related to skill-based-pay.
· Works in various line positions as needed.
· Follows and administers all safety procedures and Protective equipment according to standards. Is proactive on safety concerns and makes recommendations when appropriate.
· Under supervisor direction, coordinates the movement of associates according to business needs and associates desires, following training techniques to complete certification of trained skills.
· Follows, administers and communicates all Standard work and Quality plans.
· Provides leadership in the areas, of communication, conflict resolution, process constraints and problem solving.
· Learns and follows Lean techniques involving Work in Process and organization according to 6S principles
· Works with crew leaders from other lines to back fill for any absentee issues and as required personally backfilling on the line.
· Follows Supervisors direction on decisions related to operations and personnel.