Supplier Quality Engineer II - (21550)
- Leads continuous improvement projects aligned to lean manufacturing principles aimed at built-in quality, in-process defect prevention, detection tools and reinforcement of next operator as customer mentality.
- Interface with advanced design, product engineering, and other business partners on the design for manufacturability, process capability, and production builds of new product or product revisions.
- Understand and effectively balance daily work load between tactical and strategic projects
- Provide coaching and guidance to Quality Technicians on processes and practices
- Provide immediate response and corrective actions to part/process issues directly impacting Value Stream and/or end customer
- Interpret business goals/metrics and identify projects that will target the reduction of process variation, containment of supplier defects and elimination of non-standard work to drive continuous improvement.
- Monitor product and process statistical trends for changes and lead/drive continuous improvement activities associated with improved customer satisfaction, waste reduction and elimination of process variation.
- Active participation in programs that focus on root cause analysis, corrective action, and holding the gains on improvements throughout the supply chain.
- Build cooperative relationships across the organization. Interface with Business Partner groups responsible for our processes and or methodologies.
- Coordinate and lead activities on comprehensive and technically challenging projects/assignments.
- Ensure all stages of Product Lifecycle Management by tracking impact through all levels process trials/changes (First Article, PPAP, Production trials) and effectively communicate results
- Use participative team approach to problem solving and root cause analysis with Associates, Supervisors, Maintenance, Value Stream Managers, Materials Management, R&T and peers.
- Develop practical customer satisfaction improvement concept, understand required cross-functional interactions to establish an implementation plan and complete on-time and within budget.
- Evaluate internal and supplier process/parts for non-conformances, issue corrective action (5-Why, CAPA, PDCA) documentation and evaluate responses rootcause and countermeasures for effectiveness.
- Collaborate with delivery partners to determine appropriate projects of focus, using available data from observation, queries, process data, and working partner input.
- Strong understanding of DMAIC tools; when to apply them, interpretation of results and application for effective solutions (process map, process capability, C&E matrix, fishbone diagram, FMEA, MSA, DOE, control plan) drive improvement activity.
- Demonstrates self-driven personal growth and development
- Engineering/Quality experience in a high volume mass production environment; 5+ years minimum
- Previous Supplier Quality experience, a must
Garland, TX US