Process Technician Extrusion/Pultrusion - (21289)
Custom Pultrusion, Inc. a division of Andersen Corporation is seeking to hire a Pultrusion Process Technician. The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of duties necessary to make machine repairs, handle preventative maintenance details, conduct line set-ups, and other similar responsibilities following established policies and procedures.
- Handle required welding repairs on production equipment or tooling as well as the fabrication of various sheet metal parts, using drills, saws, and metal forming equipment as needed.
- Perform and document other repairs or modify production tooling as needed.
- Setup pultrusion production lines using creels, forming tooling, guides, pan frames, die frames, dies, puller shoes, saws or associated components and assemblies as required.
- Assist in line start up procedure.
- Correct and record scrap producing or production interrupting process problems until product is established within acceptable quality standards.
- Perform measurements and analysis procedures as required and assigned by Supervisor for the further development and improvement of the process.
- Assist in the instruction of operators to upgrade skills for the detection and correction of out-of-control conditions.
- Tear down lines at end of production runs by inspecting dies, tooling, and associated equipment for excessive wear, possible repairs, or replacements, and complete required documentation and report findings to supervisor if applicable.
- Prepare and maintain required reports and records.
- Detect and report any faulty operations, defective materials, unsafe or unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Maintain work areas and equipment to ensure a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed and standard safety regulations.
- Perform other associated or related duties as assigned or directed.
- Suggest and/or assist in correction of production problems.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities as required.
- Assist Maintenance personnel when needed.
- Assist in training of new operators.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to lift and carry minimum of 45 lbs.
- Must be able to understand charts and schedules, and how to use scales, gauges, calipers, laser measuring equipment, hand and portable power tools, and calculators.
- Basic computer skills including working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets.
- 3 years’ of manufacturing experience with a continuous production line with minimal supervision/assistance.
Aurora, OH US