Material Handling Supply Chain Supervisor - (21476)
Andersen Corporation is seeking a Material Handling Supervisor for our location in Garland, TX. The purpose of this position is to drive the continuous improvement within material delivery systems supporting a manufacturing environment. This position takes a lead role in meeting targets for safety, quality, costs, customer service and associate satisfaction/development within the material handling value stream.
The supervisor coaches, trains, supports, and develops a team of flexible, multi-skilled associates in accordance with Andersen Corporation’s values, employee covenant, and strategic direction.
Primary Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Develop strategy and coordinate the implementation and communication of lean principles within internal material handling systems.
- Maintain high level of visibility with associates. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve associates in problem solving.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe associate work habits.
- Develop a high performance work team with high levels of associate morale, satisfaction, and performance.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one’s own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data.
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging associates to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
- Support associates in understanding company policies and practices.
- Take notice of process related problems and support associates in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of the team.
- Communicate with and listen to associates on a daily basis regarding work center/team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, etc.
- Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
- 4 year degree in engineering, business, supply chain and/or technology.
- Direct supervision or project leader experience preferred
- Experience with lean material flow systems and/or lean supply chain.
- Must have demonstrated skills in written and verbal communication,
- Knowledge and skills in problem solving, analysis, communication, and opportunity identification.
- Commitment to Lean Principles
- Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate people.
Garland, TX US