Associate IT Security Administrator - (21199)
The Associate IT Security Administrator is responsible for ensuring support of security infrastructure and applications within the enterprise to meet business requirements. Responsible for supporting and collaborating in the execution of network security policies and procedures. Supports and executes architecture recommendations, authentication practices and security administration. Responsible for assisting in the identification and resolution of hardware and software technical problems and malfunctions related to security systems. Supports decisions that are critical in the areas of throughput analysis, problem solving, and infrastructure planning with the potential to affect the successful execution of business transactions. Proactively researches and locates necessary tools and processes to identify troublesome trends as they develop. Participates in various IT projects intended to continually improve/upgrade the infrastructure and security applications.
- Implement network security policies and procedures
- Install, troubleshoot, upgrade and maintain firewalls, other security, legal and miscellaneous systems
- Provide alert management to IT Support Services team and other IT groups when sensitive issues arise or a major problem is suspected
- Managing, monitoring and updating malware prevention systems
- Monitoring security advisory groups to ensure all necessary network security updates, patches and preventive measures are in place.
- Performing intrusion detection analysis
- Preventing and detecting intrusion
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, zero to three years of information security experience
- Zero to four years of related experience
- Experience in data administration and security methods, plus experience in various database design techniques; CISSP, CSA, or CISA preferred
- Strong understanding of Internet, firewall, operating systems, network systems and vulnerabilities associated with each
- Ability to stay current with trends in firewalls, security and access management
- Technical proficiency in security-related technologies; ability to function as a consultant to other IT groups on security matters as a recognized technical expert
Oak Park Heights, MN US