Welcome to Andersen
Andersen is the largest window and door manufacturer in North America. Founded in 1903 and headquartered in Bayport, Minnesota, Andersen Corporation includes Andersen® Windows & Doors, Renewal by Andersen® Window Replacement Services, Silver Line® Windows & Doors, American Craftsman® Windows & Doors, Andersen® Storm Doors and MQ™ Luxury Windows and Doors. With $2.5 billion in sales, 21+ manufacturing and technical centers, 13,000 employees, we proudly serve customers in North America and Europe. Our employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Andersen is a great place to launch and grow a career. Make your difference with us today.
We are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join our team in Dubuque, Iowa. This position will develop and promote improved quality through methods such as Root Cause Analysis, PDCA, training, and active participation on lean operation project teams.
As a Quality Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Lead continuous improvement efforts in Initial Quality and internal quality for product or process through the entire manufacturing and distribution value stream, specifically as it relates to product manufacturing.
- Work closely with Product Engineering, Manufacturing Engineer, Purchasing and Operations on product, machine & process capability studies, Control Plans, Standard Work and Work Instructions for sustainability.
- Responsible for review and implement of new controls for dimensional capability through control plans & run charting.
- Work with other functional areas on projects and assignments.
- Develop and complete intermediate level work plans for small projects and assignments including expense /capital estimates and cost/benefit analysis.
- Apply basic and advanced engineering analytical skills (SPC, process capability, DMAIC, etc…) to resolve problems and to satisfy customer issues and requirements.
- Determine and report feasibility by analyzing and evaluating compatibility of materials, processes, assembly and regulatory and legal requirements.