Looking for a challenging and satisfying career? Andersen Windows and Doors is looking for you. For more than a century, Andersen Corporation, has been a leader in the window and door manufacturing industry. As an Andersen employee, you would be a part of a culture committed to our vision as a leader; our values, including excellence, integrity, innovation, partnership and corporate citizenship; environmental stewardship; sustainability; safety; lean manufacturing; and community involvement.
We are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join our team in Dubuque, Iowa. This position will develop and promote improved quality through methods such as Root Cause Analysis, PDCA, training, and active participation on lean operation project teams.
As a Quality Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Lead continuous improvement efforts in Initial Quality and internal quality for product or process through the entire manufacturing and distribution value stream, specifically as it relates to product manufacturing.
- Work closely with Product Engineering, Manufacturing Engineer, Purchasing and Operations on product, machine & process capability studies, Control Plans, Standard Work and Work Instructions for sustainability.
- Responsible for review and implement of new controls for dimensional capability through control plans & run charting.
- Work with other functional areas on projects and assignments.
- Develop and complete intermediate level work plans for small projects and assignments including expense /capital estimates and cost/benefit analysis.
- Apply basic and advanced engineering analytical skills (SPC, process capability, DMAIC, etc…) to resolve problems and to satisfy customer issues and requirements.
- Determine and report feasibility by analyzing and evaluating compatibility of materials, processes, assembly and regulatory and legal requirements.
- 4 year degree in Engineering or Technology
- Looking for significant level of experience
- New product development or Design experience
- Strong project management skills
- Strong knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles
- Strong knowledge of quality systems, SPC and process capability