Inventory reconciliation and reporting
- Analyze the movement of inventory categories (both in & out of inventory) within the assigned warehouses.
- Provide explanations regarding reasons for inventory changes.
- Understand advanced inventory processes and form close network of delivery partners who have direct and indirect impact on the inventory process (FP&A Analysts, Operations, Supply Chain, Enterprise Change Services (ESC), Manufacturing, Andersen Logistics and Order Mgmt., Corporate Accounting, etc.)
- Understand advanced / more complex inventory changes through a combination of assistance from Manufacturing Accountants, individual initiative, continued learning and analysis and expertise of delivery partners.
- Monitor and evaluate the adequacy of inventory controls. Identify and implement inventory control improvement opportunities as necessary.
- With the general direction of the Manager or other staff lead the LIFO calculation and price adjustment evaluation process, including the calculation, reporting and communicating the quarterly estimates and year end results.
- Lead the Finance team in executing the physical inventories.
- Organize the process and work directly with the Manager to delegate specific tasks to the staff.
- Work with assigned personnel throughout the inventory process to ensure that all the necessary inventory processes and procedures are completed to ensure a successfully run physical inventory.
- Compile and understand the physical inventory results. Provide management with the final summary report. Communicate the results with Finance management and Operations planning.
Product Life Cycle Management Process (PLM’s)
- Participate on the PLM core team for assigned support area.
- Provide direction to the PLM core team related to data, costing and inventory changes.
- Perform PLM Cost & Inventory Accounting steps.
- Assist Cost and Inventory Accounting employees by providing direction in processing PLM’s.
- Understand a broad base of products and associated cost across the areas of support.
- Maintain an understanding of the products manufactured by the support areas.
- Understand the intercompany relationships for component and units transferred between business units.
- With general direction from the Manager or Senior staff lead the annual cost cycle process by organizing and communicating timelines, communicating requirements, providing summaries for the year over year cost changes, implement and review verification processes for complete and accurate data, prepare and load information into the ERP system.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Lead and implement continuous improvement efforts supporting Cost and Inventory Accounting.
- Participate in complex continuous improvement efforts supporting various business partners.
- Participate as a business partner providing solutions for business projects.
- Lead projects specific to Cost and Inventory Accounting.
- Assist Cost and Inventory Accounting employees by providing direction with business projects.
Baan ERP knowledge
- Provide functional support related to the Baan Platform to our business partners.
- Maintain Baan data structure relating to product classification and product cost information.
- Maintain Baan integration mapping and / or design changes as well as addressing errors within assigned Baan Logistics company.
- Assist less experienced staff with Baan training.
- Provide Baan capability guidance to the business.
- Support the period end close process by keying journal entries, preparing account reconciliations, analyzing and correcting account discrepancies and prepare commentary for variance analysis.
May provide work direction to less experienced accountants or others as requested.
May provide leadership on projects and teams.