Warehouse Supervisor - (21406)
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for effectively managing the Warehouse, providing direction to the warehouse team and manages the supply of installation materials to assure materials are in stock when needed. This includes working with vendors to manage inventory levels and flow; seeking out new sources for materials and staging product and materials by installation job.
- Plans and schedules work activities of warehouse. Documents standard work practices
- Provides daily work direction to warehouse associates and supplemental workforce when applicable
- Provides training for warehouse associates
- Coordinates, schedules, and manages all activities associate with removal of construction waste including the management of all recycling programs and environmental programs associated with construction waste.
- Manages the staging of jobs for installation crews, assuring that all product and material are correctly pulled and staged to expedite crew pick up of loads on a daily basis.
- Interacts with installation crews in a professional manner, resolves problems or issues related to missing materials or damaged product in timely manner.
- Analyzes installation schedules & job information to ensure site materials are available as required to meet schedules; monitors usage of stock items; ensures stock levels are appropriate based on ongoing business needs.
- Procurement of material to match demands; communicate with suppliers requirements and forecast. Manages logistics of physical inventory according to established Inventory System, including organizing the warehouse for inventory.
- Communicates inventory stats/issues to management and internal customers.
- Accurately record incoming purchased material receipts of stocked and to-order components in a timely manner. Reconcile the physical components against the supplier’s documentation
- Coordinates the receiving, storing and shipping of merchandise and materials; handles and protects inventory property to avoid physical damage; Secures warehouse contents against loss and/or damage
- Negotiates best price for stock items, including volume discounts where appropriate; submits purchase orders.
- Maintain relationship with suppliers; including developing relationships with potential suppliers.
- Locates special/non-standard & long lead time items (e.g. casings, special coil colors, shingles, siding, hardware, ornate blocks); negotiates best price; provides price & schedule information to sales representatives and coordinates installation schedulers.
- Maintains stock of tools, blades and other installation tools; monitors usage; ensures tools and equipment are returned & in safe condition.
- Meets Renewal standards for quality and customer satisfaction.
- Meets internal commitments to co-workers satisfaction.
- Maintains a neat, clean, and safe environment.
- Partners with corporate facilities team on building and parking lot improvements, providing support and direction to external providers when needed.
- Requires an associate degree or equivalent and additional 4+ years of education or equivalent or on-the-job training (a total 6+ years
- MS Office Computer Skills including solid excel skills
- Requires solid decision making skills to analyze, prioritize and anticipate issues; demonstrated ability to define problems, gather data, and offer solutions
- Ability to develop a network of resources and contacts to develop solutions to issues and opportunities.
- Requires past experience communicating and building relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills: listening, written and verbal messages
- Able to provide coaching, training and work direction to warehouse associates.
- Excellent organizational skills in structuring work assignments, creating standard work procedures, and planning projects
- Proven ability to proactively manage inventory levels, with two years warehouse experience
- Knowledge of construction methods
- Solid interpersonal skills; customer orientation
Northborough, MA US
Renewal by Andersen Corp.