Senior Product Designer - (21300)
Renewal by Andersen is looking for an accomplished, driven, and collaborative senior product development engineer. The primary responsibility is leading the development of innovative new products that will position Renewal by Andersen for continued growth in new markets as well as deeper penetration into existing markets. Renewal by Andersen division offers a unique environment for design engineers combining fundamental elegant design with an intense focus on the customer experience.
Andersen Corporation is a privately held, nationally recognized, and market leading manufacturer of premium quality windows and doors. Renewal by Andersen is the wholly owned Window and Door replacement division of the Andersen Corporation.
Candidates will be successful in this role by demonstrating the following:
- Strong initiative and technical leadership for large scale design projects
- Innovative product design thinking that meet customer expectations and deliver overall market success
- Utilization of fundamental design principles with strong engineering aptitude
- Successful technical leadership of projects from inception to commercialization
- Strong design experience and demonstrated strong knowledge of fundamental engineering principles
- 7-15 years of engineering or technical experience
- 4 year B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or Physics
- Strong knowledge of lean manufacturing
- Demonstrated success in product design driven by customer experience principles
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to develop successful new products utilizing a stage gate methodology
- Strong aptitude in process improvement, problem solving, and project management
- Demonstrated capability to perform dimensional and engineering analysis of designs, using statistical analysis of tolerances (VARTRAN), to identify and mitigate high risk opportunities
Research and Development
Cottage Grove, MN US
Renewal by Andersen Corp.