Warehouse Associate - (21334)
Employees are responsible for manual loading and unloading of freight with the use of a pallet jack or forklift in addition to general labor and general warehouse maintenance. Responsible for filling customer orders and delivering them to the delivery platform in a manner that meets company standards for safety, security, and productivity.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Moves materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment, and products within assigned area.
- May be trained in the use of heavy equipment such as forklift in preparation for certification as required to move to a Freight Handler role.
- May sweep floors, clean dock area, general good hygiene of entire work area.
- Assist in receiving cargo by removing from truck by hand, or using powered industrial equipment, such as forklift of similar equipment.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or moves order to packing station or shipping department.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
Qualifications, Education, Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- One to three years or experience in a warehouse environment.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. and the ability to climb ladders required.
- Ability to occasionally push/pull up to 100 lbs. required.
- Must have good or corrected vision and the ability to add and subtract.
- Basic language skills required.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English preferred.
- Read, comprehend and complete basic checklists, forms, or related documents.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Must have ability to consistently report to work and on time.
- Prefer candidates to be forklift certified or have a few months experience on a forklift. May consider candidates without this experience if some exposure to operation other/similar equipment.
Menomonie, WI US