Divisional Engineer- Glass Room - (20721)
- Intimately knowledgeable about insulated glass fabrication and glass cutting operations.
- Focus is on being a key contributor to one or more facets of varied projects with the skills and abilities reflective of professional training.
- Is rapidly learning to develop an understanding of the customer requirements for each assigned responsibility.
- Work with other functional areas on projects/assignments and assignments.
- Apply customer requirements identified and developed by lead engineering and other core business personnel (i.e. marketing, sales, etc.).
- Introduce ideas and possible solutions that are new and unique to the business.
- Develop complete intermediate level work plans for small projects/sub projects/assignments, including expense/capital estimates and cost/benefit analysis.
- Facilitate smaller teams having explicit objectives and scope.
- Apply basic engineering analytical skills (SPC, process capability, etc) to resolve problems and to satisfy customer issues and market requirements.
- Determine and report feasibility by analyzing and evaluating compatibility of material, process, assembly, and regulatory and legal requirements.
- Assist in writing business cases
- Evaluate and make recommendations for customer service issues.
- Set design specifications and coordinate arrangements for all support activities.
- Present technical information or proposals to supervisor/department manager, service department, sales and/or marketing.
- Coach, guide and train less experienced staff on technical issues within immediate work area
- Able to act as “in-charge” lead for intermediate level assignments/smaller projects
- Work direction by supervisor is customary with minimal supervision.
- Works independently toward completion of specifically defined tasks, including the latitude to coordinate activities outside the immediate work area and change personal priorities in order to carry out assignments.
- Promotes Andersen interests through outside professional relationships at the local and regional level
- Communicates with vendors (i.e. to coordinate quotes, prototypes and production plans).
- 4-year degree in Engineering, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering degree preferred
- Demonstrates ability to effectively apply acquired knowledge, skills and abilities to a variety of assignments within a moderate range of technical difficulty.
- Shows an understanding of engineering and scientific methodologies and their successful application at an intermediate level of technical application.
- Understands and applies methodologies associated with project planning.
- Can influence others and lead without authority.
- Hands on and can work directly with production personnel in a multicultural environment.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
North Brunswick, NJ US