Manufacturing/Production Associate (2nd SHIFT) – Bayport, MN Plant (2017) - (21217)
Currently accepting applications for 2nd shift temp to hire and full-time positions (based upon work experience) within the 100 Series Value Stream at the Andersen Windows plant in Bayport, Minnesota.
Manufacturing employees are responsible for fabrication,supermarket, and assembly operations. Managing the flow of material throughout the plant by performing thefollowing duties:
- Work in a safe manner and follow safe work practices and policies. Help ensure co-workers are working safely and following safety requirements.
- Follow all applicable procedures, Standardized Work, Control Plans, and Product Specifications.
- Assist in identifying training needs and propose ideas to improve quality metrics.
- Learn, understand and implement Andersen Management Systems (AMS) and continuous improvement concepts.
- Support and participate in Employee Engagement activities.
- Follow defined clean-up times.
- Engage in cross-training to maintain flexibility and adaptability to support resource planning.
- Work to an established rate as defined by customer demand and Standardized Work.
- Operate Power Industrial Trucks (PIT) and other material handling equipment as required.
- Operate manufacturing equipment and use hand tools as required.
- Participate in defining and improving standard work
- Identify problems; communicate issues to Work Center Leads and Supervisors..
- Assist with training co-workers.
- Support a respectful workplace.
- Perform other duties across the plant as needed as directed by supervision or management.
Competitive wages: starting wage for 2nd shift is $16.54 per hour.
Please note there are temp to hire and full-time opportunities available.Qualifications
- High school diploma, GED or an equivalent required.
- PIT training/fork license required for some tasks.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and stand for long periods.
- Ability to read and understand reports and a willingness to cross train on several operations.
- Possess communication, teamwork, problem solving, and leadership skills.
- Shift flexibility (employees typically oscillate/rotate between the first and second shift every two-weeks, but there is a need to be flexible to work a 3rd shift, 11-7, in some areas).
Bayport, MN US