2nd Shift Value Stream Supervisor - (21107)
Silver Line by Andersen is the nation’s leading vinyl window and door manufacturer. We are seeking 2nd Shift Value Stream Supervisors to join our team. This position is based in Lithia Springs, GA.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (Include but are not limited to):
- Maintain high level of visibility with employees. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve employees in problem solving
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe employee work habits.
- Develop a high performance work team with high levels of employee engagement, morale, satisfaction, and performance
- Review general status of production schedules to identify and resolve problems
- Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data
- Support and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices. Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S), and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as required
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging employees to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation
- Support associates in understanding company policies and practices
- Maintain time and production records
- Identify process related problems and actively work with leaders and employees to determine and implement corrective action(s)
- Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
- Participate in continuous improvement events as assigned by department manager
- Participate in the Corporate and Plant specific Quality Audit
- Communicate with and listen to employees on a daily basis regarding team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, etc.
- Help employees succeed through performance management. Provide coaching and performance communication to support development
- Train and develop production line staff in the extrusion process
- Control scrap vinyl from production
- Ensure extrusion production schedule is completed on time
- Perform extrusion operator duties as needed
Qualification and Skill Requirements:
- 2 to 4 year degree preferred.
- Lean certification plus 3-5 years’ manufacturing supervisory experience or equivalent preferred.
- Solid skill set in the areas of, communication, constraint identification and appropriate problem solving.
- Computer skills in PC applications, including Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to work and engage employees to participate in a vibrant world of continuous improvement and change with a competitive spirit that meets and beats our performance target.
Lithia Springs, GA US