Senior Site Safety Specialist - (21060)
Silver Line by Andersen is an industry leader in the manufacture of vinyl windows and doors. Celebrating over 60 years of history, we've been committed to producing exceptional windows; windows that enhance the home and improve the life of the homeowner. We are currently seeking a Site Safety Specialist in Marion, Ohio. While taking direction from plant management, the Site Safety Specialist will coordinate the development and hands-on implementation of a comprehensive industrial safety program for an Andersen business unit. Responsibilities include ensuring the alignment with Corporate Safety objectives and safe procedures, awareness, and training are conducted with a goal to achieve continuous improvement for the reduction of work related injuries/illnesses and related cost reduction strategies. Specialist must achieve compliance obligations with applicable safety and health standards.
- Coordinates priorities, and related work activities with Corporate Safety to identify safety elements and action plans to initiate, implement or improve each element.
- Provides and/or coordinates site specific safety training/testing (e.g. incident investigation, lockout/tagout, powered industrial trucks, ergonomics, safety inspections, Job Safety Analysis, audiometric testing, etc.) as necessary and/or directed by Corporate Safety.
- As they relate to a specific business unit, assists in the development and coordination of Andersen’s Safety programs to achieve and maintain compliance with applicable Federal, State & local codes and regulations.
- Works with site manufacturing engineering to conduct safety assessments of new or modified equipment/processes in accordance with Andersen’s Safety Assessment Procedure. Participates with engineering in problem solving/resolution exercises.
- Creates/customizes detailed safety programs/procedures to meet site specific environment as needed.
- Understands corporate business strategies and incorporates business unit objectives in the development and delivery of the site’s safety program. Works closely with business unit delivery partners in development and deployment of safety projects and processes.
- Manages safety projects, including the development of work plans; leads cross-functional teams in the execution of projects; able to manage multiple and concurrent projects.
- Conducts ergonomic assessments to identify risk factors and work with engineering to recommend control measures to address identified risk factors.
- Analyzes safety and performance indicators and determines appropriate countermeasures.
- Develops and conducts safety training programs aimed at reducing exposure to workplace hazards and compliance with applicable standards.
- Supports location assessments (e.g. audits, inspections, accident investigations, etc.); with site management and recommends & assists in the execution of corrective actions. Trains auditors as needed.
- Supports lean initiatives at plant level including, training, auditing, and associated lean principles.
- Maintains accuracy of business unit safety records per established guidelines.
- Participates and facilitates in plant level orientations.
- Coordinates Plant Safety Committee.
- Promotes Andersen’s Safety & Health interests and continuous safety improvement.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Safety Engineering or related discipline or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of safety experience.
- Knowledge of government regulations concerning heath, safety & the environment.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong service orientation.
- Strong interpersonal/communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal direction.
- Problem solving/opportunity identification skills.
- Strong assessment/evaluation skills.
- Knowledge of individual/group behavior.
- Excellent facilitation/team building skills.
- Strong training/coaching skills.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits
Health, Safety & Environment
Marion, OH US