Programmer 2 (E-II) - (20992)
Focus/Objective: Focus is on coordinating and leading all or most activities on Computer Numerical Control CNC equipment to minimize unscheduled equipment downtime. Achieve this goal by following our maintenance and engineering model and assist in developing standards for equipment and programming throughout manufacturing where CNC technology is used.
- Manage the CNC technology utilizing C++ and Visual Studio
- New CNC Program and modification management
- Program optimization, data integrity, maintenance, revision management, and archiving.
- Tooling management; design, maintenance schedule.
- Manage continuous improvement initiatives by using of Andersen Management System (AMS).
- Minimize production costs and maintenance, while at the same time, reducing risk
- Meet with team leaders to continuously improve the department’s service level.
- Ensure maintenance support is available as needed so service calls and machinery repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all necessary systems are in place to execute the work order system, planning and scheduling, and preventive maintenance activities by utilizing the Andersen Asset Management Program (AAMP) model.
- Utilize metric reports from Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) to manage your responsibilities.
- Maintain and update maintenance performance indicators and measures for continuous improvement analysis.
- Perform long-range planning to forecast maintenance and equipment needs.
- Develop and support policies and procedures related to maintenance, engineering, and safety.
- Implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
- Evaluate and improve maintenance performance by continually reducing maintenance downtime, while reducing maintenance costs.
- Optimize effectiveness of the workforce during operating periods requiring fluctuating number of resources and changing priorities.
- Ensure equipment integrity and reliability.
- Discuss and coordinate major maintenance and capital projects with management
- Collaborate with and assist engineers in project design and implementation.
- Proactively improve processes and strive for enhanced levels of efficiency.
- Work with maintenance associates to ensure training needs are identified and addressed.
- Maintain collaborative relationship with all other departments.
- Assure appropriate resources, necessary tools, and equipment for maintenance personnel to perform their functions safely is provided.
- Establish relationships with vendors. Negotiate prices and contracts.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local codes (fire, building, electrical, safety, etc.)
- Constantly promote and improve a safety culture.
- Direct the work of outside contactors and crews.
- Encourage feedback from technicians for suggestions to improve production and/or maintenance equipment and procedures.
- Assist in preparing major equipment bids, recommending purchase when replacement or new equipment is required. Represent the company’s position and interest in dealing with outside contractors, vendors, and engineering consultants.
- Ensure Maintenance Department compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related responsibilities, as needed, to support Andersen Corporation business objectives.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Experienced programmer with one of the following languages, C#, C++, or SQL.
- Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to learn advanced electrical/mechanical systems.
- Familiar with troubleshooting (PLC, controls, servos, and drives).
- Familiar with PLC programming.
- Familiar with electrical/mechanical modifications, design changes, and electrical/mechanical schematics.
- Familiar with wiring capabilities in electrical circuits including control and safety circuits.
- Familiar with code compliance for machine safety and electrical.
- Must be a highly organized, self motivated person who can work effectively as part of a team as well as independently.
- Familiar with Lean Manufacturing concepts and TPM environment.
- Strong ability to communicate with and influence all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated experience with change management.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
Bayport, MN US