Andersen Corporation is seeking a Lean Leader for our Dubuque, IA location. The purpose of this role is to lead, facilitate and coordinate the Andersen Manufacturing System Development and Deployment in operations.
This position takes a supporting role in meeting targets for safety, quality, costs, customer service and employee engagement within a value stream or multiple processes.
- The Lean Specialist coaches, trains, supports, and develops teams of associates at all levels within the value stream or process in accordance with The Andersen Way principles and the Andersen Manufacturing System
- Provide technical advice and consulting, training and coaching in Lean Manufacturing principles and tools to the value stream or processes and to build skills and competencies in Andersen Manufacturing System Deployment and change management.
- Plan and coach continuous improvement activities for the value stream or processes; participate in and support site-level events and activities.
- Support site leadership teams (Value Stream Manager, supervisors, etc.) in the deployment of lean tools & techniques by helping them develop and implement a change strategy and continuous improvement plan.
- Deliver AMS workshops and assist others to deliver AMS / Lean training; facilitate site-specific benchmarking activities.
- Support on-going Development of the Andersen Manufacturing System: Develop reference materials and communications; lead projects to develop elements of an AMS / Lean concept; assist in developing benchmarking and networking activities.
- BS or equivalent in Engineering, Lean Manufacturing Management or related field, or 5 years of lean manufacturing experience;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate groups and teams;
- Demonstrated ability to effect change;
- Experience in facilitating lean transformation;
- Must be able to influence and motivate individuals and groups to seek change
- Recognize opportunities and challenging the status quo