Full-Time Experienced Manufacturing Associate – Bayport, MN Plant (2017) - (20988)
Andersen, the largest window and door manufacturer in North America, is hiring full-time Manufacturing/Production Associates.
The ideal candidate must possess at least one of the following:
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- A 4 year degree from an accredited college or university
- Proven manufacturing or production experience
COMPETITVE WAGES: Starting wage for full-time Manufacturing/Production Associates is $16.25/hour with benefits. There is a 6% differential for second shift and a 9% differential for third shift. Raises every 6 months for your first two years (Current rate after two years is over $20 per hour!).
- Follow all safety practices and procedures in the plant. This includes ensuring co-workers are adhering to all safety requirements.
- Willingness to seek out additional roles and responsibilities within your department and expand knowledge regarding Andersen’s products.
- Produce high quality work that conforms to company standards.
- Upon completion of training, operate Power Industrial Trucks (PIT), hand tools, and other machinery related to job.
- Ability to work as part of a team and assist co-workers when needed.
- Participate in on-the-job training initiatives and transfer skills learned into daily work.
- Follow company standards and procedures at all times.
- Punctuality and good attendance are required. This includes being ready to work when your shift begins.
- Maintain a positive attitude throughout employment.
- Support and participate in employee engagement activities.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, a 4 year degree from an accredited college or university, or proven experience in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Desire to learn skills on the job in a fast paced environment.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical assessment that tests for ability to complete tasks related to position including: lifting, pulling, pushing, bending and twisting.
- Willingness to cross-train on several operations within your department.
- Must possess problem solving, communication, teamwork and leadership skills.
- Dependability and punctuality.
- Ability demonstrate competency in safety, quality, initiative, teamwork, training, attitude and attendance.
- Shift flexibility (Employees typically work oscillating shifts meaning they rotate between first and second shift every two weeks. There are some opportunities for a straight second or straight third shift)
Bayport, MN US