Full-Time Experienced Manufacturing Associate – Bayport, MN Plant (2017) - (20988)
Currently accepting applications for full-time experienced production associate positions.
The ideal candidate must have previous transferrable experience in a manufacturing or production environment.
Manufacturing employees are responsible for fabrication, supermarket, and assembly operations. Managing the flow of material throughout the plant by performing the following duties:
- Work in a safe manner and follow safe work practices and policies. Help ensure co-workers are working safely and following safety requirements.
- Follow all applicable procedures, Standardized Work, Control Plans, and Product Specifications.
- Assist in identifying training needs and propose ideas to improve quality metrics.
- Learn, understand and implement Andersen Management Systems (AMS) and continuous improvement concepts.
- Support and participate in Employee Engagement activities.
- Follow defined clean-up times.
- Engage in cross-training to maintain flexibility and adaptability to support resource planning.
- Work to an established rate as defined by customer demand and Standardized Work.
- Operate Power Industrial Trucks (PIT) and other material handling equipment as required.
- Operate manufacturing equipment and use hand tools as required.
- Participate in defining and improving standard work
- Identify problems; communicate issues to Work Center Leads and Supervisors..
- Assist with training co-workers.
- Support a respectful workplace.
- Perform other duties across the plant as needed as directed by supervision or management.
Competitive wages: starting wage for full-time manufacturing associates is $15.87 with benefits.
Please note that this is a full-time opportunity with benefits that does require previous experience. Qualifications
- High school diploma, GED or an equivalent required.
- PIT training/fork license required for some tasks.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and stand for long periods.
- Ability to read and understand reports and a willingness to cross train on several operations.
- Possess communication, teamwork, problem solving, and leadership skills.
- Shift flexibility (employees typically oscillate/rotate between the first and second shift every two-weeks, but there is a need to be flexible to work a 3rd shift, 11-7, in some areas).
Bayport, MN US