Manufacturing employees are responsible for fabrication and assembly operations. Managing the flow of material throughout the plant by performing the following duties:
• Work in a safe manner and follow safe work practices and policies. Help ensure co-workers are working safely and following safety requirements.
• Follow all applicable procedures, Standardized Work, Control Plans, and Product Specifications.
• Assist in identifying training needs and propose ideas to improve quality metrics.
• Learn, understand and implement Andersen Management Systems (AMS) and continuous improvement concepts.
• Support and participate in Employee Engagement activities.
• Follow defined clean-up times.
• Engage in cross-training to maintain flexibility and adaptability to support resource planning.
• Work to an established rate as defined by customer demand and Standardized Work.
• Operate manufacturing equipment and use hand tools as required.
• Participate in defining and improving standard work
• Identify problems; communicate issues to Work Center Leads and Supervisors.
• Assist with training co-workers.
• Support a respectful workplace.
• Perform other duties across the plant as needed as directed by supervision or management.
Competitive wages: starting wage is $11.96 per hour. 3rd Shift differential is $0.25 per hour.
Please note that this is a full-time hire opportunity in the Luray, VA facility.
• High school diploma, GED or an equivalent preferred.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and stand for long periods.
• Ability to read and understand reports and a willingness to cross train on several operations.
• Possess communication, teamwork, problem solving, and leadership skills.
• Work 3rd Shift hours 9:30p-6a
Luray, VA US