• Work as part of a team performing a variety of routine tasks to support assembly and production of storm door products. Follow established standard work and work instructions under general supervision. The assembler may work in a variety of workstations such as: weatherpile installer/operator; latch assembly; channel installer; screen roller; glue machine operator; assembly line/operator. This position may also serve as a training role.
• Perform various assembly or sub-assembly operations. Follow schedule and sequencing of parts. Perform all cyclical work and meet established tact time within 10 days of on-the-job-training. Work includes but is not limited to: assembling, packing, labeling, scanning, matching, sequencing, installing, kiting, bagging, glazing, staking, or punch pressing.
• Work from drawings or specifications. Use fixed gauges or templates to perform work. May require retrieval of parts necessary for completion of work. Responsible for quality and dimensional accuracy. Complete manufacturing documentation and labor transactions. Accurately match product and paperwork.
• Operate simple hand or power tools to modify required material. Make simple and routine adjustments to equipment. Operate punches, presses, and basic operations equipment. Handle materials such as lineal, poly, screen cloth, cardboard, glass, and metal.
• Support and follow all rules/guidelines/standards for Safety, Quality, and AMS functions as set by leader and position.
• Regular/dependable attendance required. Over 40 hours/week is required as scheduled to meet business need.
• Starting Pay - $12.34/hour