Scheduling Supervisor - (20760)
Andersen Corporation is seeking a Scheduling Supervisor at our Dubuque, IA location. The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise and coordinate the development and communication of materials flow, information flow and inventory management for the plant
- Lead, direct, and participate in continuous improvement activities to accomplish plant business goals and objectives in terms of safety, quality, customer service, cost, and staff development.
- Provide linkage to support resources such as Materials Management, Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering and Configuration Services, IT, Distribution, Transportation, and Consolidation Centers.
- Ensures coordination and integration of manufacturing and planning policies, processes and programs, including customer service and operational efficiencies, which support the Plant and Supply Chain Metrics
- Coach, train, support, and develop a team of flexible, multi-skilled staff in accordance with Andersen Corporation’s Lean principles, values, employee covenant, and strategic direction.
- Design and implement cost improvement business models across the supply chain that achieves strategic process improvements.
- Lead defined, medium-sized projects
- Analyze and report performance to plan, recommend corrective action.
- Prepare forecast/budget production levels.
- Support corporate sourcing objectives and Supplier Management. Understand supplier capacity/capabilities constraints
- Requires ability to define problems, collect data, analyze data, offer solutions, and implement to achieve the desired results.
- Develop and implement effective processes for new product offerings/enhancements and ramp-up/ramp-down plans for material changes.
- Facilitate teams and meetings
- Align project or process improvement goals with functional business objectives.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe employee work habits.
- Maintain high level of visibility with staff. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve staff/ associates in problem solving.
- Develop a high performance work team by providing appropriate training, tools, guidance, coaching and feedback. Support and involve employees in identifying and permanently removing obstacles to performance excellence; provide & support developmental opportunities for staff.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one’s own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- Optimize around plan/source /delivery capabilities of our ERP tool.
- Identify and recommend staff resources in accordance with workloads and budgets.
- Requires a 4 year degree and an additional 2 + years of education or equivalent on-the-job training (a total of 6+ years).
- Solid understanding of information systems that support supply chain and manufacturing operations.
- Must have demonstrated skills in written and verbal communication, facilitation and giving presentations
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of information systems that support manufacturing operations within this position’s scope.
- Knowledge and skills in problem solving, analysis, communication, and opportunity identification.
- Commitment to Lean Principles
- Experience in team development and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate people.
- Enthusiastic, positive outlook.
- Project Management experience.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Access preferred.
Dubuque, IA US