Warehouse (Receiving) Supervisor
Do you have an interest in developing and leading a group of individuals?
Silver Line by Andersen is the nation’s leading vinyl window and door manufacturer. This position is based in North Brunswick, NJ.
Directing approximately 2 Team Leaders and 25-30 Receiving associates, the Receiving Supervisor is responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of Silver Line value stream receiving/materials handling processes. In addition, this role will act as a strategic business partner with shop floor union employees and leadership within North Brunswick. This position is a key role that uses lean principles including 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work and communication tools. This is an excellent position for individuals who have a strong interest in front line manufacturing leadership. Individuals who have received training and/or are familiar with Lean Manufacturing will be able to develop these practices in an environment where continuous improvement is a way of life.
- Maintain high level of visibility with associates. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve team leaders and associates in problem solving.
- Promote a safe work environment by supporting and recognizing safe associate work habits.
- Develop a high performance work team with high levels of associate morale, satisfaction, and performance.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one’s own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- Help associates succeed through performance management. Provide coaching and performance communication to support development.
- Support and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices. Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S), and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as required.
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging associates to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
- Support associates in understanding company policies and practices.
- Audit and analyze time and receiving records.
- Manage attendance.
- Take notice of process related problems and support associates in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of the team.
- Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
- Ensure cycle count program is followed and performed with expected accuracy.
Qualification and Skill Requirements:
- 2 to 4 year degree preferred.
- Lean six sigma certification plus 3+ years’ supervisory of experience or equivalent preferred.
- Solid skill set in the areas of, communication, constraint identification and appropriate problem solving.
- Computer skills in PC applications, including Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to work and engage employees to participate in a vibrant world of continuous improvement and change
- Prior experience managing material handlers preferred (forklift, pallet jack, etc).