Now accepting applications for the Manufacturing/Production Associates for the 2017 season in Bayport, MN.
Manufacturing employees are responsible for fabrication,supermarket, and assembly operations. Managing the flow of material throughout the plant by performing thefollowing duties:
- Work in a safe manner and follow safe work practices and policies. Help ensure co-workers are working safely and following safety requirements.
- Follow all applicable procedures, Standardized Work, Control Plans, and Product Specifications.
- Assist in identifying training needs and propose ideas to improve quality metrics.
- Learn, understand and implement Andersen Management Systems (AMS) and continuous improvement concepts.
- Support and participate in Employee Engagement activities.
- Follow defined clean-up times.
- Engage in cross-training to maintain flexibility and adaptability to support resource planning.
- Work to an established rate as defined by customer demand and Standardized Work.
- Operate Power Industrial Trucks (PIT) and other material handling equipment as required.
- Operate manufacturing equipment and use hand tools as required.
- Participate in defining and improving standard work
- Identify problems; communicate issues to Work Center Leads and Supervisors..
- Assist with training co-workers.
- Support a respectful workplace.
- Perform other duties across the plant as needed as directed by supervision or management.
Competitive wages: starting wage is $15.57 per hour. Shift differentials are 6% for 3-11 shift and 9% for the 11-7 shift.
Please note that this is a temp to full-time hire opportunity. In the Bayport, MN plant candidates are hired as Andersen temporary/seasonal employees and have the opportunity to be hired on or converted to full-time Andersen employees based upon business needs and employee performance.
Our Values Define Us
They speak to our past and guide our future. They are the foundation of what makes us Andersen.
•Excellence: We will build customer trust and loyalty by understanding and caring about exceeding customer expectations for enduring quality and responsiveness.
•Integrity: We take pride in our commitment to do the right thing by demonstrating fairness, integrity and high ethical standards in all of our actions.
•Innovation: We will uphold our legacy of innovations and embrace change in all areas of our business as a means of attaining and sustaining leadership.
•Partnership: We will cultivate successfully relationships with everyone in our business circle and strengthen them through shared values, common goals and active participation.
•Corporate Citizenship: We will continue our long-standing commitment to leadership in environmental stewardship and to make a positive impact in the communities in which we live and work.Qualifications
- High school diploma, GED or an equivalent required.
- PIT training/fork license required for some tasks.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and stand for long periods.
- Ability to read and understand reports and a willingness to cross train on several operations.
- Possess communication, teamwork, problem solving, and leadership skills.
- Shift flexibility (employees typically oscillate/rotate between the first and second shift every two-weeks, but there is a need to be flexible to work a 3rd shift, 11-7, in some areas).