Manufacturing/Production Associate – Bayport, MN Plant (2017) - (20539)
Andersen, the largest window and door manufacturer in North America is hiring Manufacturing/Production Associates. No experience is needed to apply, but applicants must have a desire to work in a hands-on environment and the ability to learn while on the job.
COMPETITIVE WAGES: Starting wage for a Manufacturing/Production Associate at Andersen is $15.60/hour. There is a 6% differential for second shift and a 9% differential for third shift.
- Follow all safety practices and procedures in the plant. This includes ensuring co-workers are adhering to all safety requirements.
- Willingness to seek out additional roles and responsibilities within your department and expand knowledge regarding Andersen’s products.
- Produce high quality work that conforms to company standards.
- Ability to work as part of a team and assist co-workers when needed.
- Participate in on-the-job training initiatives and transfer skills learned into daily work.
- Follow company standards and procedures at all times.
- Punctuality and good attendance are required. This includes being ready to work when your shift begins.
- Maintain a positive attitude throughout employment.
- Support and participate in employee engagement activities.
- No previous experience in manufacturing or production is necessary.
- Desire to learn skills on the job in a fast paced environment.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical assessment that tests for ability to complete tasks related to position including: lifting, pulling, pushing, bending, and twisting.
- Willingness to cross-train on several operations within your department.
- Must possess problem solving, communication, teamwork and leadership skills.
- Dependability and punctuality.
- Ability demonstrate competency in safety, quality, initiative, teamwork, training, attitude and attendance.
- Shift flexibility (Employees typically work oscillating shifts meaning they rotate between first and second shift every two weeks. There are some opportunities for a straight second or straight third shift)
Note: This is a temporary to full-time hire opportunity. In the Bayport, MN plant candidates are hired as temporary/seasonal employees and have the opportunity to be hired into to full-time Andersen employees based upon business needs and employee performance.
Bayport, MN US